Wednesday 4 September 2013

Primavera Restaurant, Ennis - West Clare


I have to say I was very disappointed with this restaurant after reading previous reviews, I was really looking forward to it.
When we got there it was empty except for one other couple, which says a lot on a Saturday night!
The waitress seemed a little unsure and initially I felt sorry for her as she told us she was having a bad day!
I ordered the only bottle of Rose on the menu and I warn you now, unless you like drinking vinegar DO NOT order this - €19.95 down the toilet! Plus the online menu priced it at €18. Rip off!

The waitress asked us did we want to order a couple of minutes after we sat down. I said we'd need another few minutes so she smiled and went off. No joke literally two minutes later she comes back asking are we ready to order?! I said I've barely opened the menu can you give us a few minutes please. So she apologised and went off. So needless to say when she came back two minutes later I was shocked! I was so put off I ordered the first thing I saw on the menu - for starters I had the breaded Brie which obviously wasn't fresh because when I cut into it was still frozen in the middle, I couldn't believe it! I sent it back when It finally came back it was beautiful. I love Brie, not normally frozen though!
For my mains I ended up ordering the chicken Fajitas which I'm actually a bit bored of after years of going to TGI's . The chicken was nice, nothing to rave about. The wraps were served cold and tasted a bit rubbery, I ate one and left the rest. When I think of it now, I should  really have complained before we left, but not wanting to ruin the evening after landing in such a horrible hotel, I let it slide!
To think, we drive all the way to Ennis for a night out and get this substandard meal - I wont be going back!

 photo 1b8ed61a-50d3-4cb9-8c8b-f9bbbc85a012_zpsa48ba84a.jpg
But cheers to the manager (laughing to myself) who emailed me asking me to remove my review from Menupages and offered me a refund on the wine and a free meal... As previously stated, I won't be going back for seconds and it was worth having my review justified by you wanting it taken down.

4 comments:

  1. Nice post! would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin?
    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marcela, thanks for stopping by :) Yes it's great to see new faces checking in and would love to connect on GFC & Bloglovin - you can connect to my GFC above right. I will check out your blog presently :)
    Have a lovely day :)

    Juls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I'm glad you stood up for yourself and wrote your mind! c; Haha so much so that the manager asked you to take it down! That is hilarious! c;

    Also, I can't wait to see how your DIY skirt is coming along! (The deadline is coming up!) c;

    xx
    Hoda
    www.joojoo-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Hoda - I was a bit shocked that he asked me to take it down, everyone is entitled to their opinion. There have been several other bad reviews, you would think he would be bending over backwards to keep his customers happy?!
      I've been so bust I haven't had an opportunity to start the skirt yet!! But I will start this weekend and let you know how I get on! Perhaps I'll feature your original blog post? Email me :)

      Juls

      Delete