Friday 31 January 2014

Cocktails and Harmonicas!

Last night, I attended a corporate night at The Gibson Hotel, Point Village with a colleague for a cocktail master class. I love The Gibson because of it's modern design, and quirky features. The event was held in the resident’s bar, which was perfect for the number of people (thirty) but could hold more comfortably.

We were greeted with flutes of blue prosecco (CuraƧao) before having a cocktail making demonstration from the bar manager. He gave a very witty and informative history of cocktails before allowing us to have a bash at cocktail mixing. It was a simple recipe, perfect for a beginner and was hilarious mixing and shaking. Once the easy bit was over, we had the tough job of sampling the cocktails, blue margarita. I was very proud, I managed to get the right mix of bitter and sweet; one word - delicious!




The canapes were nice; there was prawn skewers - which personally I don't like but Caroline loved them - mini burgers, spring rolls, chowder, wedges and gumbo which I hnever had before. It was amazing!
Then teambuilding.ie came in to give us a harmonica lesson, which was absolutely brilliant. There was a fantastic atmosphere and we got to keep the harmonica to, which was great! All in all it was a fantastic night. I'd definitely recommend the above for c company event/ social. All is organised for you, then all you have to do is show up and enjoy! 






 Juls
x

1 comment:

  1. What a fun event! I would love to learn how to make a blue margarita. I just discovered your blog from the SITS group - happy to have found you!

    Joanie @ ZagLeft
    http://zagleft.com/

    ReplyDelete