Wednesday 8 January 2014

Essay Nightmares and Structured Procrastination!


 
We've all had those nights we've stared blankly at the screen in front of us - hoping for inspiration. No amount of reviewing whats already written, or re-reviewing notes is helping. What to do?

Sometimes there's nothing for it but a good nights sleep, but what happens then if you hit the pillow and can't tune out?

I like to make lists. What I've covered and points I'd still like to make. Then I usually have a look at my introduction and conclusion - I find hashing these areas out help a lot, even to refocus the area inbetween. Which when I get lost in an essay I call 'No-Mans-Land'.

Everyone has their own way of muddling through those awful moments, where there is no end in sight and the word count seems to keep rising instead of falling! And sometimes thinking of solutions is easier than tackling the problem in hand - which by the way is what I am doing now.

Well at least I am halfway there!

Here's to another mug of coffee and a tonne more tomorrow!

Night

Juls x







No comments:

Post a Comment