Monday 23 March 2015

The Green Hen Restaurant, Dublin


I along with several other food enthusiasts went for dinner here last week. I had never heard of The Green Hen, but once I knew where we were going I jumped online to check out the menu; eager to see what delights they had in store for us. Their website is classic, tasteful and easy to navigate, so within seconds I was glancing through the menu options. I clicked on the Early Bird option as I knew this was what we’d booked and was delighted to see the choices on the menu, 3 courses for €22.
 
I have walked down Exchequer Street hundreds of times and never noticed this beautiful restaurant, more the pity. I got there just on time and was pleasantly surprised by the warm reception of the staff and the chic décor. I felt a sudden sense of familiarity which reminded me of a Parisian café, nestled in a corner that I’d just happened upon. 

 The waitress led me upstairs to our table which was situated beside the bar. This space is a smaller, more intimate dining area but was perfect for our table of ten. 


The staff were so attentive and we had ordered in no time at all – I opted for the Goats Cheese & Beetroot Salad to Start, followed by the Pan Fried Fillet of Hake with white beans, Chorizo and Kale; and to Finish the most amazing dish of all, the Chocolate & Hazelnut Parfait. 
 
While I thought all the food was beautiful, I did feel the mains was lacking in Kale; apart from four tiny leaves and a few white beans there wasn’t much to accompany the Hake which was disappointing.

The Green Hen is ranked #223/ 1962 best restaurants in Dublin on Tripadvisor and I would highly recommend this restaurant if you fancy “French cuisine with an Irish Twist” (GH).



No comments:

Post a Comment