Wednesday 25 March 2015

TK Maxx: Designer Heaven



TK Maxx can be hit or miss – but with the added advantage of the online store, the new store in Dundrum, minutes from my house, and my favourite store in Carrickmines, I get the best of all worlds.
It has absolutely everything, and with my eclectic tastes and vintage style TK Maxx always has something to offer me – I rarely walk away disappointed. The past two weeks between Carrickmines, Dundrum and the UK online store, the selection has  been exceptional. I felt like I was in an episode of SATC with all the brands coming at me: Oscar de la Renta, Cynthia Rowley, DKNY, Nine West and Steve Madden. I mean, I’m literally living in heaven.

I have a lot of friends, who don’t like to follow brands, and I used to be one of them – I also have friends who like good quality, and friends who live for labels. I love the romance of the labels, the quality of them and the luxurious feel of my very newly acquired trove.

It started in Belfast at the end of February when I came across a pair of Green Vintage Superdry jeans for £14.99. They fit like a glove, I was in love and HAD to have them. Then it was my Nine West heels. I was on a mission to find a pair of nude coloured heels to add to my ever expanding collection; and all my usual suspects having failed, I ventured into TK Maxx, making a B-line for the shoes – surprise, surprise! After much disappointment with Steve Madden and Guess, the Nine West heels fit like a second skin. They were a steal for €39.99 as they are on sale in Debenhams atm for €125!! They also have a few pairs left in Dundrum in size 7 & 8 but aren’t available on the UK site.



After my win on the shoe aisle I ventured over to the nightwear/ underwear section, boy was I in for a treat! I got a DKNY Nude Strapless Bra for €9.99. I also bagged myself two nighties, one black Cynthia Rowley €12, and my favourite a white with black lace Oscar de la Renta €22.99 – I may not be able to wear his shoes, but I can sleep with the dream every night!





















My newest addition to the closet is my Steve Madden Leopard Print Pony Haired boots. I got these for a steal in TK Maxx at £39.99 which converts to about €49. This is an absolute bargain. They not only do they look beautiful but they make my legs look amazing to! 

 


They only have a few pairs left so if you love them as much as I do, make haste! If you are shipping from the UK to Ireland, you should check out ParcelMotel. I use this company every time I shop on the TK Maxx UK website and my boots which I ordered Monday lunchtime, were on my feet last night at 8.55pm! That my dears, is quality service.

This is only a small, selective selection of the fabulous gems I’ve bagged in TK Maxx of late; others include Roxy and DKNY jeans. It really is Irelands answer to Century 21.



No comments:

Post a Comment