Friday 27 March 2015

Restaurant Review: Munchies



Have you ever heard the term in HR of a shit sandwich? Well anyone who's worked in a corporate environment has inevitably been dealt one at one time or another. Well today Munchies, Baggott Street, dealt me just that; and it certainly wasn't a sandwich like Mammy used to make!

Munchies are one of my favourite lunch spots! They are a franchise based around Dublin, so I’m sure there is one near you.
My number one sambo there is the Chicken Whoopie, I think they are kind of famous or something... My second is the Falafel Whoopie on a wrap which is super tasty. The best stores are down in the IFSC near where I used to work the tiny one near the Harbourmaster is the best – but a newer shop opened near Mayor square last year and it’s handy due to the fact it has seating. The owner’s daughter was even kind enough to sponsor food for our film shoot a couple of years ago – so shout out to Chloe for that! Thank you, we will forever be in your debt!



My next choice after the IFSC would have to be Dawson Street; this little shop also has exemplary service but is a little bit far when you want to grab a quick bite, so I usually head to the one on Baggot Street. I do have to say though while the guys here seem nice enough, they always seem under fierce pressure and a little bit snotty. I have been in here several times for handiness sake, and the service leaves a lot to be desired. I hate giving places a bad review, but when you are paying for a service and it stinks...then people have the right to be warned! We’re all under pressure at work, but if I had that attitude, I know I’d be given my marching orders! It’s such a shame for Munchies though because it could be great.

The food is great though so go see Chloe in Mayor Square, where you will get your lunch with a smile!


No comments:

Post a Comment