Tuesday 8 October 2013

Turning 30

I thought turning 30 would mean something negative; a huge milestone that would make me feel some extreme difference. I thought I would want to hide under the duvet, clinging onto my twenties but instead found myself looking forward to the future and the new doors opening ahead. 


Don't get me wrong, I did contemplate being a diva about it; but what's the point? Time moves on and it was inevitable. So, I embraced the change and planned myself a birthday weekend to remember; and a bash with my nearest and dearest (using this term at 30 however may need to be addressed!).

My beautiful partner and my mother gave me a weekend of wonderful memories.




The three of us set off on the day before my birthday to get our hair done together; a thing we never do ... It was so lovely to spend that time together. We then set off in search of the all-important birthday shoes to go with the very important dress; and after an obscene amount of hours spent on Sunday we found the perfect pair!

I was completely spoiled rotten and I'm dying to get to the Phoenix park - or even better the Spin Roller Disco - to try out my new retro skates!




I had the most amazing party with my nearest and dearest! I just feel so blessed to have so many good friends! 

Thanks also to the amazing Suzanne at Cocoamoiselle for the beautiful lemon birdcage cake! It made my night!










Juls x

P.S: What are your Birthday Memories?


2 comments:

  1. Awhh...wish I saw this post when I was 30 ! Lovely cake and mmm ...fancy shoes !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shilpa, thanks for stopping by my blog :) Great to have a new blog buddy :) When was your 30?
    Those skates were my prized possession until recently - they almost did me in! I won't be wearing those for a looooong time :)

    ReplyDelete