Tuesday 8 March 2016

Clinique, Mac and Vaseline - my new favourite finds!

In an endless search for the the next best thing, ways to speed up my morning routine and improve the condition of my skin, I wade through a lot of product. 

My face is particularly sensitive - I hate to admit, a little temperamental at various times of the year - so I am always looking for a cleansing face wash that's not too drying or a cleansing cream that's not too oily. On a recent trip to Brown Thomas I stumbled on the Clinique Cleansing balm priced at €27. I really want to say I love this but it's not all that. It's silky on application, but does not remove all make up such as liquid eyeliner as its states or mascara. I tried reapplying to my eye area and it still did not completely remove the mascara which was disappointing. My skin also still felt tight after removal. I wouldn't be rushing back to buy this one.
⭐️⭐️⭐️

When I'm racing around in the morning getting ready for work I don't always have time for a full body moisturise. So, a couple of weeks ago I thought "wouldn't it be great if I had a spray on moisturiser!" 
Later that day I was doing my usual lap of the cosmetics aisle in Supervalu and there it was, Vaseline Spray and Go Body Moisturiser! Eureka I was in heaven! It comes in three types: Cocoa, Oat extract and Aloe Vera.

The Cocoa one is absolutely amazing, light yet moisturising without being greasy and it's super absorbant. Its €7.69 in Supervalu, but Tesco has a sale on recently and it was selling for €1.50. It is an absolute bargain.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I had a tenuous encounter with my first MAC foundation, but this was more to do with the service at the shop that the actual product. I wanted to try the MAC photo finish foundation but was shown the Pro Long Wear Waterproof foundation which I actually kind of love except for the fact that it is a little bit awkward to apply. It sinks into pores, making them more obvious. I tried using my blending sponge but it wasted a lot of the product. I found the best way to apply this foundation is with my hands.
I have been caught in the rain wearing this and it is definitley waterproof! It is a great buy at €36, I would recommend it for oily skin, if your skin is in anyway dehydrated or dry this is not for you.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

No comments:

Post a Comment