Saturday 26 March 2016

Mascara Mysteries: Dior, Avon and Benefit


I tend to expect a lot from a mascara, particularly the expensive ones: Long lustrous lashes, extreme volume and blacker than black, isnt't too much to expect, is it?
Most don't deliver on the promise that they market with so keenly, so disappointment is a regular occurrence. This is why I tend to go for Mink lash extensions these days, but when I'm not wearing them I do like to have a good mascara - one that works that is!

Dior (Disappointment)

Priced at €33.50 for the Dior Diorshow mascara you would be forgiven for having high expectations for this product.
Having promised "Buildable Volume, Lash Extension effect", I thought, "this is the mascara I have been waiting for". Instead it delivered little better than barely black lashes with no volume.

I find you need a couple of coats and then it's usually worn away by the afternoon leaving the lashes limp. Definitely not worth the price.
⭐️

Benefit they're (SO) real!

Again, I don't tend to like the rubber wands as much as the bristle ones but this mascara is truly a great buy. I tried this first when it came out in 2011 but was given a present of a travel size one recently and I have to say it renewed my love for this mascara. It's blacker than black and the bristles give great definition to the lashes with the angled bristles at the tip allowing you to coat every single lash!
€26
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Avon

Avon-a-buy this again! I absolutely love this mascara which a friend have to me for Christmas.
This also has a rubber wand which I don't normally go for, however this mascara is quite similar to Benefits they're real!
I like to use two coats of this mascara to really define the lashes, but it does give great volume and depth of colour.
It's not available on the Avon Site at present but similar versions are available on Amazon if you're interested in trying this product.
⭐️⭐️⭐️
 




No comments:

Post a Comment