Thursday 22 August 2013

The Blazin' Grill


The Blazin’ Grill, Tallaght, looks like it has a lot to offer; with its contemporary design, timber cut tables and chilled out attitude. An extremely friendly atmosphere, with great service, - although a little on the slow side. It would seem to be the perfect alternative on a Sunday afternoon, to the usual carvery down the pub! The atmosphere is quite and family orientated, with 3 course set menus at €19.50 which is most friendly on the wallet and to top that off on Sunday’s kids’ meals are free (from the kids menu).

 

My friends had raved about the food, as they eat there all the time so I was eager to try it. However, I was a little underwhelmed. I went for their famous Blazin’ Chicken wings, which were perfectly cooked, crispy and succulent. The ‘Blazin’ sauce on the other hand was a little too sweet and not enough ‘Blaze’ as the name suggests -  a far cry from other hot wings. For my main course I chose the Roast Chicken Breast, Stuffing and Bacon – what self-deserving Dubliner doesn’t love a good Sunday roast?! Over all the meal was only OK, nothing to write home about. The meat was dry and tasteless, however the roasted carrot and turnip completely made up for that.

After that lot, I was extremely looking forward to the Raspberry "Styled" Cheesecake which came highly recommended. When it arrived at the table, I was awed by the presentation which was stunning. Sadly, it was not love at first bite! The first word that came to mind was Flubber! Had I wished, I could have easily dribbled my desert through the restaurant before I slam dunked back to the kitchen.

It’s unfortunate that for such a beautiful restaurant, it was the food that let them down. Ironic.



No comments:

Post a Comment